To compare three sites, the various
- To compare three sites, the various factors are listed, as given below. Select the optimal location and give reasons for your choice:
|Site ARs.||Site BRs.||Site CRs.|
|Community attitude||Indifferent||Want business||Indifferent|
2. What are the principal considerations for location of:
- Steel industry around Bihar
- Zinc smelter Plant at Udaipur (Rajasthan)
- Plastic industry in Bombay
- Khetri Copper Project in Rajasthan
- Textile industry at Bombay and Ahmedabad
- Sugar industry in Maharashtra and U.P.
- Glass and Bangle industry at Firozabad
- Woollen carpets at Mirzapur
- Silken sarees at Kanjiwaram ( Tamil Nadu )
- YMCA Institute of Engineering at Faridabad
- Indian Oil Refinery at Mathura
- Iron foundaries at Agra
- Brass sheet industry at Moradabad
- Bed sheet industry at Sholapur.
- Escort Tractors Ltd. At Faridabad.
3. a. What do you understand by “Centralised Production Planning and Control”? Give its advantages.
b. What is the position of P.P.C. in a works organization? Show it with the help of a chart.
4 a. What do you understand by the ‘Follow up’ function of production planning and control? Explain
b. Give a specimen of “Gantt Chart” which is normally used in the production planning and control department and describe briefly how it could be used for checking the actual progress of a job against the schedule
5 a. What are the various Indirect Expenses which are essential in estimating the total cost? Explain
b. What do you understand by depreciation? Explain
6 a. What is the purpose of Work Measurement? Enumerate its uses
b. What are the various allowances considered in Time Study?
c. Define “Rating”. What is its necessity?
7 a. What are the techniques of work measurement? Explain each of them briefly.
b. Why is a job broken down into elements and what are the general rules for selection of elements?
8 a. How ‘management functions’ differ from ‘administrative functions’ specially in the context of ‘differentiation’ and ‘integration’ activities involved in realising the organizational objectives?
b. Distinguish between ‘formal’ and ‘informal’ type of communication system.
c. Considering a manufacturing organization as a ‘socio-technical’ system indicate how the four principal functions of management are interrelated.
9 a. Explain the assumption underlying PERT and CPM network models applied in Project Management.
b. How is PERT different from CPM? Explain their fields of application
c. A project is composed of seven activities whose time estimates are listed in the following table. Activities are identified by their beginning(i) and ending(j) mode numbers:
|Activity||Estimated duration in weeks|
Draw the project network and identify all paths for its completion.
Find the expected duration and variance for the project
Calculate the early and let occurrence time for each mode. Calculate expected project length.
Calculate the stack for each activity
10. What are the basic differences between
- Operation process chart
- Flow process chart
- Flow diagram, and
- String Diagram.
Draw sample charts with a specific product in mind to explain the characteristics of these techniques of Work Study.